Sunday, 8 December 2013

Lovely Blasphemy: Ai

It's been too long since the last interview I've had here. I wanted to break the dry spell with another person who wears Japanese fashion, so here is Ai, otherwise known as Lovely Blasphemy. I first found her on Lookbook, but she also has masses of pictures on her Facebook. What I love about Ai is how carefully she composes her outfits, like an artist would make a painting. From lolita to cult party kei, Ai can pull off pretty much anything.

Photo by Thomas Good

Hello, Ai! What are three things we should know about you?
The three things people should know about me are: 1. I'm Japanese-born and US-raised. 2. I love frenchies, pugs, and other squish-faced dogs. 3. Art history is where my heart lies.

How has your style developed into what it is now?
My style is influenced by Japanese street fashion, I get a lot of inspiration from street snaps and the runway.
You are so interesting to follow because you are able to pull of so many different Japanese fashion styles.

on Lookbook

What's your favourite fashion style, and why?
It's so hard to choose a favourite fashion style! I love lolita fashion but I'm getting really interested in dolly kei and cult party kei because it allows more creativity and both handmade and vintage finds.
 
Which of your looks is your personal favourite at the moment?
I think my personal favourite look is a cult party kei look I did using a vintage wedding dress. Although, I still plan to work on the outfit and make it even better. In a way, I could say that my favourite looks are the ones I have planned that haven't been created yet.
 You evidently work very hard in crafting each of your looks, and it shows. My favourite thing you've worn is definitely this knock-out ensemble. I love the colour scheme, bustle, and vertical stripes.

on Lookbook
 
Who are your fashion icons and inspirations?
Audrey Hepburn is my biggest fashion icon and inspiration. I also like to follow Yuri Nakagawa, Yura, Ayumi Seto, Rinrin Doll, Midori Fukasawa, Akira, Nora Lovely, and plenty of people I forget the names of. 

Are you involved in any local or internet lolita communities?
I'm part of my local lolita community and the EGL community, although I don't participate as much as I would like.

on Lookbook

Where are your favourite places to shop for clothes and wigs?
My favorite places to shop for second-hand lolita are Usagiyouhinten, Alice+Fururun, ClosetChild, Tokyo Alice, and the EGL Sales Community. For wigs I like Cyperous, Prisila, Lockshop, and Gothic Lolita Wigs. For accessories I like to look for vintage finds either locally or on Etsy.

on Lookbook
It's been a pleasure getting to know you and having you here! Thank you, Ai.

1 comment:

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...